Okay... did you know that Mt. Veniaminof is part of what is called the Pacific Ring of Fire? Me neither, that is until know. Also check out this web site: http://www.avo.alaska.edu/volcanoes/index.php
There are more "historically" active volcanoes in Alaska then I thought.
Thanks for sharing your photos and encouraging a little exploration of the world even if it is from my desk.
Way cool! Didn't know any of that! Neat volcano website. It has informed me though that I may have misnamed that cone. It looks more like Shishaldin according to their other photos. Oh well, still awesome.
Okay... did you know that Mt. Veniaminof is part of what is called the Pacific Ring of Fire? Me neither, that is until know. Also check out this web site: http://www.avo.alaska.edu/volcanoes/index.php
ReplyDeleteThere are more "historically" active volcanoes in Alaska then I thought.
Thanks for sharing your photos and encouraging a little exploration of the world even if it is from my desk.
Way cool! Didn't know any of that! Neat volcano website. It has informed me though that I may have misnamed that cone. It looks more like Shishaldin according to their other photos. Oh well, still awesome.
Delete